Friday, August 19, 2005

Part 1 of Fairtax.org

I am going to split what I have to say up into two parts about fairtax.org. I would like to start off by saying that I personally do not believe the Federal Government should ever directly tax income. A sales or usage tax is something I agree with very much. Please check out this site... FairTax.ORG

There are many reasons why I do not like a flat tax. Usage tax makes so much sense in so many ways and I am not going to explain it. Fairtax.org can explain it far better than I can. Read the site, buy the book - support the cause in anyway that you can. FairTax in my opinion is the only way to go. Here is the best way to sum up what they are trying to do.

Directly quoted from fairtax.org:

"Simply put, the FairTax replaces the way we're currently taxed - based on our annual income - with a tax on goods and services. The FairTax is a voluntary "“consumption" tax: the more you buy, the more you pay in taxes, the less you buy, the less you pay in taxes."

I could write for hours on how great of an idea this is, but I am not going to try and sway anyone anymore than I have. I just beg you to please check out the site and make up your mind. If you are for or against, I recommend that you write your representative and voice your opinion. Please make sure to sign the petition if you are in support of this bill.

Fairtax is the way to go, please check it out and make an informed choice. Thank you greatly for your time.

Until Next Time,
PhantomStar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home