Tuesday, September 13, 2005

John G. Roberts Jr. is a stud.

If you haven't been listening to the hearings today, your really missing something very wonderful. Judge Roberts is not only well spoken, but he does not dodge questions.

I know some are scared that he is going to overturn certain cases, but please remember that the Supreme Court of our land is not supposed to make law they are supposed to rule on our constitution and the constitutionality of laws that are passed. Our legislative body is responsible for making laws. A good example is when the Supreme Court ruled that the federal government couldn't directly tax income of individuals. The Congress introduced an amendment to the constitution to allow it. Did the 16th amendment actually pass? Well that's for another talk altogether.

I am conservative when it comes to how the courts are supposed to rule. I believe in our constitution and I am willing to give my own life for it. I am one of those believers who would say the constitution is our civic bible.

Until Next Time,
PhantomStar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home